These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Aromatic Roasted Root Veggies
<p>A great way to use those winter root vegetables.</p>Source: Anna Shalray - Holistic Health Coach (Entered by Kasi Haire)
Serves: 4-6 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, and red onions in a large bowl and toss together.
- With the side of a knife, gently smash each clove of garlic and add it to the bowl of vegetables.
- Add the herbs and olive oil to the vegetables and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the seasoned vegetables onto a large roasting pan and spread in a single layer.
- Roast vegetables in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. (Gently stirring the vegetables halfway through the cooking time) Serve.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings